I saw this article from Electrek.co come into my Twitter feed and thought, ‘Aha! This is getting close (to my imaginings of a disruptive car)’. Here is an image of the Electra Meccanica ‘Solo’.
The Electrek article goes on to state:
“The automaker has some ambitious specs for the SOLO:
- Top speed: 87 mph (140 km/h)
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h in 8 seconds
- Range: 100 miles (160 km) on a single charge
- Charging time: 3 hours at 220v, 6 hours at 110v
- Price: USD$15,000 (~CAD$20,000)”
As I have stated here, I believe the price needs to be around USD$10,000 to play into the minds of consumers as a cheap car alternative.